View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 12:38 PM   #8
GrandNeko40
GrandNeko40 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I'll accept Android on a full featured tablet, but it's a lazy solution for a dedicated ereader.

What sort of price and size are the InkPalm/Hisense/Palma/HiReader Pro?
agreed. i recognize that Kobo would almost certainly never release a device so small, because they're a company who needs to keep a more tightly-focused range of devices, each of which appeals to the largest demo possible, rather than experimental, niche "toys" like a less-well-established company can afford to do. Rakuten can't just "throw stuff at the wall to see what sticks" like a lot of these others tend to, because they have much more to lose if it doesn't sell well. however, a tiny Kobo -- running their own well-designed, single-purpose OS -- would make me quite happy.

the Palma (and Hisense A9, and the other ones) are essentially the size and shape of an iPhone 13/14/15 or a standard Android phone. approximately 6" diagonal screen, at approximately a 2.15:1 ratio. extremely easy to fit into a (men's) pants pocket, or your coat, or whatever. the Palma costs $280 USD, and i'm not too sure about the others. it varies widely based on the specs... but again, i do not care about "specs". just gimme a a good, purpose-built, single-function OS and an SoC snappy enough to run it, and a nice screen.

Last edited by GrandNeko40; 03-17-2024 at 12:42 PM. Reason: typos
GrandNeko40 is offline   Reply With Quote