View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 07:06 AM   #63
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
[...] Off the top of my head, I think it is Bicentennial Man. I know critical opinion runs from 'meh' to negative. But I enjoyed the movie and it felt like Asimov.
I agree. It wasn't such a great movie that I've wanted to watch it again and again, but I enjoyed it and thought it kept to the spirit of Asimov's robot stories quite well.

It's a pretty small field to start with and then "best" adaptation whittles the choice to very few indeed by the time you exclude the stuff that was only "suggested by" or whatever. For example I thought "I, Robot", with Will Smith, was an entertaining enough action movie, but it didn't feel like Asimov despite how much it borrowed.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote