View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 06:57 PM   #12
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Surely Microsoft is not going to remove WSA and/or Amazon App Store with some update?
I assume that Microsoft will treat it the same as other unsupported software. It may continue to function but the version of Android included will become increasingly out of date and will not receive any further updates, even for security issues. If you need to reinstall Windows for some reason WSA won't be available to reinstall.

Quote:
Why would Amazon turn off the app or App Store for anyone who has it installed?
Amazon has costs in maintaining the server backend to the Appstore in Windows 11. It is likely they will turn that off in 2025 making the Appstore app useless.

Quote:
It's probably possible for them to build a wrapper for the Kindle app to do whatever WSA did, to at least be able to continue developing Windows app from the Kindle for Android code base.
It was no extra effort for Amazon to support Kindle for Android in WSA. I strongly doubt that there are enough Kindle users under Windows to be worth the effort of developing their own WSA equivalent.

The old Kindle for PC app has seen more updates recently than in many prior years. I suspect that is a sign that they plan to continue with that as their supported Windows app.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote