View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 10:07 AM   #21
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
You will have a good look on this Reddit Post in the Kobo community.

A comment by the OP about the screen with no backlight : "I’d say the screen-door effect makes everything sliiiiightly grainier than my other ereader, but I’m so perplexed because the tradeoff is the beautiful colour book covers and highlighting. So I think it can be worth the tradeoff if you value those things!"

His other ereader is a Paperwhite 4.
Concerning the screen door effect the reddit post shows what that means. Up to this point I had no idea what people were talking about. I have a Boox Note Air 3C and I just cannot see it. Looking at the reddit post, I did not think it was all that bad. Sort of reminds me of the grains in the paper of a printed book lol.

EDIT: I pulled out a *magnifying glass* to look at my NA3C and with the help of that I can indeed see the screen door effect. Fortunately I do not read with a magnifying glass....
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote