View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 06:20 PM   #50
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I'm not quite sure what you are getting at, but I thought A Alf (and Calibre) were pretty much platform agnostic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
For what it's worth, I tested the ASCM plugin on Linux (SUSE Tumbleweed, calibre 5.28, DeDRM 7.2.1, VMWare Workstation VM). Other than having to contact Adobe to get a new activation added, it worked. The test epubs were downloaded and imported to calibre.

calibre and most of it's plugins are indeed platform agnostic.
In the past (a few years ago) I remember having to download a specific version of Obok for Linux because it was picky. But the newest version version of DeDRM and Obok work fine on the newest version of Calibre. And DeASCM gets rid of the need to use Wine and ADE (I never could get ADE to work in Wine for some reason). So it's great. (Currently using it on Linux Mint 19.1, which is based on Ubuntu 18.04.)

As for activation, you should (hopefully?) only have to do that once, as DeASCM allows you to export the keys to a file. (I haven't tried it on another computer yet, so can't (yet) vouch for that.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote