View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 05:21 AM   #6
xtech
Zealot
xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony DPT-RP1, Ipad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeff View Post
I would rather use 2 devices. What you are talking about would be way too big and heavy for pleasure reading. I personally don't mind taking 2 devices with me.
You, see currently regular 9.7 tablet 's and e-reader's is around 450g. If you add the e-ink screen, it will just take away part of the aliminium/plastic case, and alltogether, I suppose, it is not going to be more than than 500g. So, if you got accustomed to carrying two big devices, you win in terms of weight. But if you prefer smaller devices, do not read pdfs, this is not so much of use to you perhaps. But if you have to carry two devices, then it would make 800g in your bag, which is not as good as having only one, and reliable. So, I know, even travelling, some carry:

1. Big phone
2. Big tablet
3. Big ereader

And this is in some cases not comfortable. So, the combination

1. Big phone
2. Big tablet/ereader saves place and is easlier to carry, deal with.

Quote:
Another thing to consider is if the device stops working. Then you are out of luck. With 2 devices you can still at least read.
Yes, this may be a problem.
xtech is offline   Reply With Quote