View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 02:38 PM   #1
xtech
Zealot
xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony DPT-RP1, Ipad Pro
The dual screen lcd-e-ink tablet/e-reader?

Hi!

I thought today of getting some dual screen tablet/eareader, to quickly switch to more comfortable internet navigating from ereading.

My point is that I do not have a comfortable experience reading from a tablet lcd screen, so I need to carry an reader as well. And I do not have any satisfying experience of internet work with ereaders. So I need two devices. And when I travel, I take both.

So, why not have all in one. Not as two joined pieces, but as one piece with two screen on the opposite sides.

I checked internet, and found that amazon had some plans to make it years ago: http://mashable.com/2012/08/30/amazo.../#QzcXqsyvRGqh

There was also a patent application http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...+AND+AN/Amazon)

But apparently nothing was done.

So, there is actually only a concept of a small phone and ereader with two screen in Yotaphone and Oukitel.

But there is no device of 9.7 size, tablet and ereader in one.

Should there be such a device, I would have to just this one, and good if it comes as a transformer, with the detachable keyboard, stylus, eletromagnetic and capacitative e-ink screen, additional built-in light.

The price of such a one if with good screen, good camera, wife, 3G/4G, stylus, would be around $500.

So, when you've done reading a book, you switch to internet, or movie watching.

Atter you've done your internet navigating, you switch to reading the books.

Good to have to batteries, one exclusively for ereader option, so that when the tablet's one is empty, and you do not need internet, movie, photo, you continue to work for days.

Strange that nobody hasn't launched any kickstarter campaign on that, or does Amazon patent application prevent (has it actually been approved)? Or is there a law, that if company does not act on a patent, it looses it. Or it is now accepted, that whoever does not manufacture himself, can prevent others from do it, provided he saw the idea first, which is ridiculous and abusive.

I understand that many people do not need a big size ereader. But I think many people find the bigger screen tablet to be more comfortable to work with, especially if there is attachable keyboard and mouse. So, the bigger 9.7 e-ink screen here comes as a bonus, it seems that a smaller e-ink screen will leave some place unused. So, it is possible to put one 9.7 screen, and the other can be, say, 6 or 7 inch. But it leaves empty space. And to make the tablet screen smaller is possible, but it will not be comfortable to seriously work with the documents. I mean, I regard the smaller tablets rather for brief internet browsing, email checkup, skype, but no serious work. If this is sufficient, that the tablet/ereader can be around 7 inches. So, the 7 inch tablet/ereader can be rather for short time work, but a bigger tablet/earder can be for a more professional work. 9.7 ereader screen also allows for a more comfortable pdf viewing. The bigger format ,13.3 or 12.9 tablet/reader pro transformer version is something for the late Steve Jobs kind of a guy, who would risk making such a high-end device. This latter one can be extremely professional, and can cost a lot.

But if produced in great quantities, say, by Amazon or Microsoft, can be around $800, wife and cellular. I mean, such a device can solve all my problems with internet navigating, software work, ereading, for year and years.

But this, to call it, "t-ereader" would solve the problem of carrying two devices, and will save ereader lovers from suffering with the internet navigating, and tablet lovers with sensitive eyes from suffering with the reading the texts in the sunlight, and in the dark.

Last edited by xtech; 05-09-2016 at 03:15 PM.
xtech is offline   Reply With Quote