View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 08:54 PM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I like one of the justifications given in the comments:
Quote:
every year for the last 4 years Kobo has released a new e-reader in April/early may for mother's day. This is what they do. The fact the company is TOO quiet leads me to believe this is the case.
But, "Last last four years" would be 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. The Aura HD was April 2013 and the Glo HD was May 2015. Nothing was released in early 2012 or 2014. And as the first Touch was May 2011, the pattern looks more like every two years. That would mean nothing at this time this year.*

Unless the release is just a refresh, (colours for the Glo HD or a bigger internal card), I don't think we are going to see a new device soon. If we were, I think we would have seen another firmware update before now. Kobo have been releasing at least one evidence of any new device for a while.

* Yes, I noticed the WiFi was released in May 2010, but as it didn't fit my pattern, I ignored it
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote