View Single Post
Old 11-13-2021, 04:56 AM   #1
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
December 2021 nominations (Romance)

The book club has gone into hibernation, I'll try to wake it up for December, with a genre I like which I haven't seen much of in book clubs here: Romance. If anyone else want to do the planned genre as well, they are free to do so, of course.

Each poster can nominate up to three books, and can support as many nominations as they want. A book needs one supporting voice to get to the vote. I'm planning to start the vote some time on Sunday 21.November (unless real life gets in the way, if so it may be later), and will keep the vote up for a week or so. If there's a tie I'll roll a die.

There's no expectation to read the chosen book if you don't like the final pick.

---

We're using the industry standard to define romance: A story with a central romance and a happy ever after or happy for now ending. (In other words, "Romeo and Juliet" doesn't fit this definition.) This doesn't mean that people should only recommend books where they've read the ending. We should be able to trust that books marketed as romance are what they say. But please don't nominate books where you know there's no happy ending.

More about this: Do Not Mess with the Happy Ever After: defining the romance novel
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote