View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 11:02 AM   #11
misling
Zealot
misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I can see a large market for a company that proofreads and edit checks indie books (at minimum - a more expensive service could check for more difficult to spot things, like plot holes and inconsistent characterization). Even if an indie author can't afford it for the first book, hopefully if they have talent and sell a few they can afford it on the next one.

And I can see a need for sources that review, write up, and recommend the good stuff. There are several possible ways to implement that. I'm not sure what would be most successful, but possibly something you subscribe to. Since there are so many free sites that do something of that kind, you'd have to offer some added value - such as the personalized recommendations mentioned above.
misling is offline   Reply With Quote