View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 09:07 PM   #18
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I fell asleep trying to read my one and only McKenna book. Her characters didn't rouse basically any emotions in me. Just not my cuppa. I've never tried anything else by her.
Yikes! I was excusing her, assuming Green Man's Heir was her first book! I stumbled across it because I was looking for a horror or fantasy story involving the Green Man.

Quote:
(My dirty secret is that I couldn't get into the Harry Potter books. I was just bored to tears reading about those kids and their adventures, though I admit the general idea was pretty cool. The movies were more interesting, but I still DNFed after a few of them. There's no pleasing everyone).
Oh yeah. I read the first two Harry Potter novels and watched the first four or five movies. I wouldn't have watched that much, except it was a family thing.

Also, I have a problem with a hidden world of magic existing along side the normal world. Why would the wizards still live in castles and use gold? Why an essentially medieval existence just because you can cast spells? It breaks my suspension of disbelief. But I don't want to derail the conversation with that can of worms.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote