View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 12:39 PM   #8
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercador View Post
Hello! My wife is using my old Kobo Aura One but the battery doesn't stand more than 3 days now. I was waiting for the new models to be announced and there's no Sage 2. Afaik, the Aura One is 7,7" so I guess the Sage is the best alternative for her? She don't want my Elipsa, it's too big for her. Thanks!
I think your wife would like a Sage. The screen is so, so nice! I thought the device might be too heavy for me initially (in my 60s with hand/wrist issues), but I've coped just fine with the extra weight and love the device. Plus, it's very light feeling when you lift it out of the magnetic case, which I sometimes do if I'm tired.

Screen is better than Forma. Aura One screen was ALSO better than Forma.

However, depending on her reading habits, she might not get more than 3 days of battery life. I'm a heavy reader, one who usually does 1-3 books a week, and I charge my Sage every few days.

I still consider the battery life decent enough. I've never owned a reader (and I've owned a full baker's dozen since 2011) that I didn't have to charge at least weekly if I was actually reading on it.

With Sage, I'm not running out midway through most books, unless they are very long ones. Usually, I read a couple books before I need to recharge. Realistically, the ballyhoo over battery life is because people have certain expectations about that with ereaders. These same folks manage to put their cell phone on to charge as often as needed, with nary an outcry.

I also own a Forma, and like that, except for the awful power button, but it has been having battery drain issues lately, where I charge it, and then before I next want to read on it, usually several days after it's been charged, I pick it up and find it totally drained. At any rate, I don't trust it to always be ready for a reading session now.

I hope you can find her a reader she loves, whether Sage or Libra 2. They may not have been updated, but they are still both fine readers.

Last edited by graycyn; 04-12-2024 at 12:42 PM.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote