View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 01:36 AM   #23
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
A couple of suggestions:

Go back to 2 nods for August. We don't have a lot of people nominating, so I'm afraid requiring 3 nods will leave us with too few books to choose among.

Start the discussion thread when the book is selected, so that we can discuss the book as we're reading. I think there's a chance that might lead to more discussion, so it's worth trying out. We could put specifics in spoiler boxes, something like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Example of how a discussion post might be
I'm only a couple of chapters in, and like this book so far, especially the characters. I'm not sure what I think about the worldbuilding, it seems a bit cliched so far.

Chapter 1
Spoiler:
Eleanor seems almost aggressively harmless, I suspect she's going to reveal hidden depths soon. The baking scene had some sinister undertones. I wonder if the missing cinnamon roll recipie is related to the feud with the neighbours?

Chapter 2
Spoiler:
Aha, the neighbour is a vampire! So that's why Eleanor prefers wooden knitting needles!
I'm not sure I liked the spaceship scene, it kind of came out of the blue.

Last edited by hildea; 07-23-2021 at 01:46 AM.
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote