View Single Post
Old 01-11-2024, 11:43 AM   #56
SomeSteve
Addict
SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeSteve View Post
...even started rereading The Big Sleep, but although it had been so long since I read it the first time, everything seemed so familiar that after a couple of chapters my attention flagged and I fell prey to the siren song of something else and was lured away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Are you that way with the rest of his books?
I think that's the only Chandler novel I've read (and the records I used to keep confirm this), though I've had paperback copies of them all for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I highly, highly recommend the movie The Long Goodbye. It's not very Chandler-esque and Elliot Gould isn't the Marlowe from the books (or maybe he is, but was pulled from the '40's to the '70's), but it's a great movie.
Even though it's been so long since I saw it -- and I went to it two or three times when it was in theaters -- a few scenes have stuck with me, such as when he was in the interrogation room at the police station. Maybe I'll have to see if I can get it on disc.
SomeSteve is offline   Reply With Quote