View Single Post
Old 04-23-2024, 03:49 PM   #21
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatGuy View Post
No this is not my intention at all. I simply want to backup the PDF files. It's possible the PDF files and .TXT files may be deleted from Scribd and then I'd lose the ability to read the PDF files and .TXT files forever...

These particular PDF files and .TXT files do not have DRM protection so I'm not even trying to defeat any form of DRM protection.

There are other files on Scribd that have this DRM protection but I have no interest in circumventing this.

Also, I'm only talking about 1 PDF file/.TXT file not a whole bunch.

I hope I'm being clear.
It doesn't really matter if you are talking about 1 file or 1000 files. Whether or not the ebooks are protected by DRM also doesn't matter. Once your subscription to Scribd has expired, you no longer have the right to access those files. Any backups you may have made should be deleted when your subscription expires.

Trying to justify ebook piracy by stating "I am only going to pirate one book" is not helpful. If you downloaded a book from your local library, would you feel entitled to keep a copy after your loan expired?
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote