View Single Post
Old 04-23-2024, 10:49 AM   #18
FatGuy
Groupie
FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperwhite13 View Post
1. Everand deals with the library side now (subscription based reading/audiobook listening)

2. Scribd is strictly a PDF file-sharing site and you have to either upload 5 docs or get a subscription to download something.

* a subscription gets you access to both Everand and Scribd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinolino View Post
You can save your pdfs as separate images (using some free or licenced pdf reader, pdf editor, pdf-tool etc.) and then later you can either read those images or create pdf, epub, djvu etc. files from those images, for your personal usage only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperwhite13 View Post
There's no further need to check anything. See my reply above, if you were able to simply download it, it's yours to keep, there's no DRM.
Thanks so much for your replies!

The reason I got so worried about this is because I was worried that I'd be literally shackled to scribd.com's premium subscription service for the rest of my life because my PDF files or .TXT files that I've downloaded would be deleted if I ever canceled my subscription to scribd.com.

I already have wayyyyy too many monthly subscriptions and I didn't want to add on yet another one!

I hope this community can understand my feeling?
FatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote