View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 07:07 AM   #22
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorraia3 View Post
Well? It's been two weeks. Do we have an answer on this yet or not?

This is the deciding factor on if I buy this ereader or not, so I need to know that these batteries will be replaceable locally with a name brand and I won't have to order some
Chinese crap from Astak every time I want a new one.

I've seen several threads about these damn batteries now and even a post from Robert saying the FAQ was updated 2 days ago and now has the battery info, but it doesn't, it just says to contact customer service if the battery it came with is no good. As much as I was hyped up to get this device I'm starting to get a little turned off and am back to considering Sony again.

Why is it so difficult to get a replacement battery name and part number? This should be simple, basic info for a replaceable battery, not a month long project.

Do I even dare to ask about the memory cards and case? LOL
I've emailed support asking how much a replacement battery is, so I shall post the reply if I ever get one...never heard back about my first enquiry about warranty and international shipping (which I found out through the international order link onwww.astak.com and not www.theezreader.com where I thought they might have the option of international sales as well).

Now speaking of cases, does anyone ever think we'll see new cases for the PP available? Different colours/styles like the 6"?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote