Thread: Kindle Scribe
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 08:35 AM   #55
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandwo View Post
Exactly! My dream would be a 13" 300 PPI ereader with a sunken screen and page turn buttons to be able to read comics, PDFs and use Androids parallel app functionality for language learning (book on one side, google translate on the other).

A 10" 300 PPI would also work - less screen estate, but more mobile.

The Kindle is too constricted an environment, though. I need at least a Kobo
The Kobo screen is not 300 PPI, sadly. I wonder how long before the other manufacturers catch up with a higher res screen.

The Kobos is $60.00 more expensive for a 227 PPI screen.

I'm curious if any of these readers have what I consider to be the holy grail of note takeing device. Can I print or write on the screen and have it convert it to editable text?

Back in the 90s, I used an Apple Newton. And in the newer versions of the device the handwriting recognition was actually really good. You would write your notes on the screen in print or cursive and it would replace it with editable text. You could even draw rough shapes, such as squares, circles and triangles and the Newton could replace it with perfect shapes.

Marking up a PDF is great and all. But I'd love full note taking experience as well.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote