Thread: Kindle Scribe
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 08:32 AM   #54
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
I’m hoping maybe it could be used for puzzle books, that would be a big plus if I could have sudoku and crossword ebooks I could write on. We'll see. I like the size of my iPad for reading, but don’t like reading books on anything other than e-ink, so I think this should be nice. And it would be great if they managed to improve the appalling browser - would love to do my forum stuff (like this!) etc., on it. Ten years since the last large Kindle was released, I think!
I have a DX somewhere, it was nice to read on, although poor resolution, no light etc., so this should be wonderful.
Certainly my Kobo Elipsa and even the over hyped reMarkable both make the Kindle DXG look like junk. But even my 6.8" original Kobo Aura HD H2O made the DXG look like junk for PDFs. The DXG was one of the worst Gadget buys I ever made even though it was a sale price. I'd given up a PW3 to Wife to justify getting it. So next eReader was the H2O original.

You'd need to find DRM free sudoku and crosswords in PDF format. I'd guess many would work on the 8" Kobo Sage, especially sudoku as they are small booklets, and it's a lot pleasanter to hold than the 10.3" Elipsa, reMarkable or 10" LCD tablet. Too much bother to scan them.

Last edited by Quoth; 09-29-2022 at 08:35 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote