Thread: Kindle Scribe
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 06:41 AM   #49
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by apastuszak View Post
Is there no market for a 10"+ eReader that is just an ereader?
No, it's too big for real ebooks. The market is PDFs, marking up on PDFs and secondarily notes. There are fixed layout "so called Kindle ebooks" which are not ebooks and Amazon won't deliver them to eink Kindles. Maybe the Kindle Scribe will get them. Many are not colour.

I have 8" Sage and 10.3" Elipsa and 10.3" Remarkable (bought cheap S/H purely for old scanned books for the wife).
Stopped using the Elipsa for notes when I got the Sage. The Elipsa is only used for PDFs now, though handy to write on instruction manuals:
Kinds of PDFs:
Old Scanned books. Just read.
Data sheets. Might have a "scribbled" note added on the page.
Old Magazine scans: Tiring as print a bit small. Really needs larger.
Modern manuals for modern gear. Might have a "scribbled" note added on the page.

I've never much used highlighers on real paper except on some drafts and schematics. That needs colour. Inherently eink can't do colour sensibly, it would need a new technology. I'd need a 16" or larger colour LCD tablet with stylus for that. So I might print 2x A4 pages, tape together for a near A3 schematic and highlight/annotate the paper in colour.

I've used 4.3" phone to 10.3" eink and 8" seems sweet spot for ebooks at home and 5" Sony PRS-350 eink for really portable, or 6".
Buttons are a must for prolonged ebook reading.

Last edited by Quoth; 09-29-2022 at 06:43 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote