View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 08:08 AM   #5
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
I voted for $300, but I could well be willing to pay more than that for a device that both looks good, is solid and has the right features. The former two I guess would depend on the device you elect to hack, if you take that route.

As far as features to, I would like to echo tech603's desire for an OS stored on flash media and a bootable USB port. My interest in the device would depend significantly on whether at least the former is present, while the latter would be a lovely bonus. In addition I would *really* like the facility to change battery with ease. I.e. not having to disassemble half the device to fit a new one and then feeling cold sweat running down my back when turning it on, wondering whether it'll work or if I've managed to break it. Also, the battery used should ideally be easily available.

Given the availability of the above, in addition to your minimum features, I'd snap it up in a heart beat. I might even buy two.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote