View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 04:40 PM   #75
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
I am disabled and can't travel to a library.

I can't get a card unless I can get to the library.

The library system says to contact county disability services about this, county disability services says to contact the library system.
In your place, I'd be highly tempted to call my local newspaper and mention they could do a story about library access being denied to disabled persons... Sometimes a little public embarrassment can get things moving in the right direction.

Because what you describe is terrible.

EDIT: I do want to say that in making the comment above, I assumed you had spoken with both a real person at your library AND at county disability services.

As people have mentioned, if you only consulted website information, please do call your library before trying to stir the pot! Give them a chance to help. If the person you reach doesn't know how to help, perhaps see if you can be connected with the head librarian. And likewise for county services.

But, if help is not forthcoming, then drawing attention to the situation may be necessary.

Last edited by graycyn; 10-13-2021 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Additional comment
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote