View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 08:45 PM   #1
i_am_not_a_duck
i_am_not_a_duck began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H20
Calibre seems to reset metadata.calibre everytime I connect

Hi Everyone!

I'm having a strange problem with my Kobo Libra H2O and Calibre.

When I plug in my Kobo, Calibre detects it and can write kepubs to it without any problems. I have KoboTouchExtended and KoboUtilities installed. If I open the Kobo in the windows file explorer, I can see that metadata.calibre has been updated. I eject the device nicely and the Kobo will import the files. They show up in my library correctly, with covers, etc.

So everything works relatively well up to this point. Occasionally if I'm trying to upload a LOT of books at once, the Kobo will fail to import some of them and I'm not sure why, but I'll deal with that after this problem has been resolved.

Now: with Kobo disconnected and Calibre not currently running, if I connect the Kobo to the computer and browse to it, I see the metadata.calibre file is still intact. I open Calibre, and as soon as it detects the device, it overwrites metadata.calibre with a fresh empty one and therefore cannot see what is already on the device. It does not pop up any errors.

Does anyone know what's wrong here? I've reinstalled Calibre, making sure to delete everythiung in appdata and anywhere else I can find but that did not work. I've tried every setting I could find, but haven't found anything that will control that behavior. I must be missing something. This used to work.

Please Help, I beg you!
i_am_not_a_duck is offline   Reply With Quote