View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 10:10 AM   #5
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
At my children's school, the pre-existing distance learning options were expanded to the entire school system as a result of COVID so there are accounts for each student and access to textbooks is controlled at that level rather then by device.

My high school aged son likes electronic textbooks for homework because it's less weight to lug home (he can access the text on his laptop which stays home) and physical textbooks when referring to them in class but he admits that he doesn't flip through his electronic texts and if he did he'd feel differently about them. I am annoyed at PDF versions of physical books because they discourage flipping through them to refresh the memory.

Much of the digital learning materials available are recorded lessons and assignments for those who might miss class as well as classes on D2L/Brightspace and those provide useful options as long as the children have access and the discipline not to meander. They are organized to take advantage of the possibilities of the webpage rather then simply being PDF copies of paper books.
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote