View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 07:33 PM   #54
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I just ordered one also. It's due Friday. I was too late to get it tomorrow with one day shipping.

I have no real interest in using TTS but I'm real curious about this thing and I want to take a look. And I probably can sell it to one of my neighbors when I'm done.

I've always had a kind of academic interest in TTS. I just don't care for it in books. I wrote a driver for an early TTS chip back in the early 1980's and a screen reader for the Radio Shack Color Computer for use by a friend's blind brother so he could use the computer. It was passed around a lot as freeware by Color Computer users.

Since then I've made it a point to listen to TTS about every year or two to see how it's grown. It's a million times better than it was when I was writing for it but it's still not something I want to use for books, at least not while I can read okay.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote