View Single Post
Old 11-12-2023, 11:11 AM   #38
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcd1144 View Post
I used rf to make the backup...
Um, yeah, I spaced. eMMC gives you a single file, UFS is usually six separate "devices" and therefore six files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcd1144 View Post
Does anyone know if there's are hardware key combination Boox uses to boot into EDL mode? Else would an EDL cable work?
It depends. EDL cables work in my Poke5 but not in my Poke3.
It just depends whether the xbl has the check inside the code.
The best way to test is to power down your device fully without USB connected. Hold the button and plug in. Wait 2 seconds.

The abl is where secret button presses do magic things.
I don't have any with buttons, so I can't say.

abl also will do magic things based upon characters coming in on the internal 1.8V debug UART. Just to show you how obscure this stuff is, if you hit Backspace over 100 times it will go to recovery, if you hit it only over 50 times it will go to EDL.

There are also internal test points to force it to go to EDL. In the past they were very conspicuous, over time they have become inconspicuous.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote