Thread: Classics East Lynne by Ellen Wood
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2021, 04:35 AM   #20
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I went with the audiobook, which happened to have only just been released in April this year, so that’s serendipitous.

It’s entertaining so far a few chapters in. poohbear mentioned heavy-handedness in foreshadowing and I might expand that to include heavy-handedness generally; certainly Wood won’t be accused of an overabundance of subtlety, lol. If the story is enjoyable though these things can fall by the wayside.

hildea, your mention of the ‘sexy lamp’ for Isabel made me laugh although it’s sad that it’s a common enough trope to qualify for naming.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote