View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 02:36 PM   #44
dbrowdy
Enthusiast
dbrowdy is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fincary View Post
I like my 5" Pez, but I really wanted a 6" reader when I bought it. I stayed away from the 6" ezreader because of the older technology. The 6" ezreader plus is exactly what I was looking for. I would have dropped the cash for it right away. Unfortunatly, it still isn't released, and now with the lower prices on the Nook/Kindle, it is no longer a "no brainer" purchase for me.

The only feature (that I care about) that the ezreader plus has over the Nook is folder navigation. Multiple formats do not matter to me- I covert everything to epub with Calibre anyway. User replaceable battery - Nook has one. Screen size - both are 6". Both have a media card slot, but the Nook also has more internal memory.

The goofy little touchscreen on the Nook does nothing for me. I read one book at a time. I don't take notes or need a dictionary. I just want to be able to easily transport multiple novels with me when I travel and read my books.

The features between the two are about the same, so next it comes to price. I don't know if I can justify to myself paying what? $70? more to buy a ezreader plus over a nook wifi (3g being another feature I don't care about) just for folder navigation.

I feel for Astak here as I really like their products, but they are going to have to work out some deal with the factory, and get their prices competitive again.
This analysis is pretty much spot on for me too. I feel for the small guys and I'm holding off on my decision for a week or two to see how they'll react, but the longer they wait, the more people will be buying the $150 Nook. :-/
dbrowdy is offline   Reply With Quote