View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 03:31 PM   #8
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
The two features I'm loving are Collections and Password Protection.

Collections has just made my Kindle so much more user-friendly. I'd only had it for about 6 weeks and already the list was 7 pages long, so being able to sort into Collections has made everything much easier to find. Yes, I'm a little bummed that subscriptions/feeds can't go into Collections, but I'm still facing 2 pages of info rather than 7 when I switch it on, so overall I'm very happy.

Also Password Protection is a godsend. My company wouldn't allow me to read proprietary documents until we had Password Protection, so this has really expanded the usefulness of my Kindle.

I find the Popular Highlights kind of amusing, but not really that helpful. I can't say I really care that much what other people found highlight-worthy about the book I'm reading. Isn't my opinion the most important in the world? Hmmm?

I don't know if this was part of the update or not, but the browser on my kindle has become more nimble too. Previously I wasn't able to do any real surfing on the web without crashing the Kindle and causing it to reboot, but now I can. (It's still way less spry than a netbook or iPad, but it's actually useable now.)
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote