View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
Balerion
Connoisseur
Balerion began at the beginning.

Device: K2i K3w
K2 2.5.2 users : Praise, Scream with Joy, Discuss on this thread

2.5.2 ... wow !!!

My life is now complete !!!!! Well... my K2i is anyway. Yes, I wouldn't mind having a bit more flexibility with the PDF pan and zoom, but that'll be the next thing Amazon will do I think because its probably the biggest negative so far.

Collections addition is awesome !!!! I was prefixing the names of my books just to keep them in their series' where some authors have multiple series eg. Ss01 Ice Station, Ss02 Area 7, Jw01 Seven Ancient Wonders, Jw02 Six Sacred Stones ... all books by Matthew Reilly but in different series... now I don't have to add prefixes in the metadata for every books that are in a series...... yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Another great thing about the collections is that if you "VIEW BY COLLECTIONS" it will show the collections AND the files that aren't in collections so you can see new books you've added and the ones you forgot to add to a collection

SUGGESTION: Have a collection for everything.... I created 2 extra ones titled "z General" and "z Unsorted" (the "z" so that they are the last collections in the list) and I just chucked all the "one hit wonders" and odd files into those collections.

Password Protection .... its about time !!!! although it ain't foolproof (apparently you can reset the kindle really easily... its just deletes all the contents as well, so its not a full theft-deterrent, but still a good addition)

The only other negative about the Password Protection is actually a security-wise positive... the first time I plugged my kindle into my PC after the update, I thought the update had screwed up the networking because Autoplay wouldn't start and I couldn't get the Kindle to pop-up at all even though the chargin light had come on... my cover was closed so I didn't realise that it wanted the password before it would let it connect to the PC !!! Great for security, but not so great for the nerves if you're not aware of the password request.

Anyway, everyone... please reply with a few screams of joy, and suggestions... the more we collect in one spot (suggestions and feedback) the easier it will be to send it all to amazon (almost a petition list, I guess)

Happy Kindling
Balerion is offline   Reply With Quote