View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #56
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by booknut View Post
Mm, anybody noticed a battery / battery indicator issue with the 531 version? Quit reading last night at 3 bars and woke up to a completely drained battery...
Mine is at 3 bars here, but I do not recall where it was at when I put 531 on it. Keep an eye on the Russian forum to see if anyone else reports a similar issue, since it is possible that with all these changes the power management has developed a bug.

FWIW, Buggins has confirmed one bug with 531 that may even be relevant. He has found that if you pick through a lot of font files that CoolReader will read the fonts all into memory and then no longer release the memory. That eventually causes an out of memory condition and a system crash. The reason that I think that it may be relevant is that if the system crashes the processor and other electronics are going to be left in a running state instead of a sleep state and the battery will be depleted in just a few hours.
Normally a watchdog timer would reset the system and restart it, but it is not uncommon to keep that feature disabled in development versions of firmware.

Last edited by Dave_S; 06-01-2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: ADD watchdog timer comment
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote