View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
Which is why I was asking if there were Canadians or Australians who've actually gotten their hands on a Kobo to compare. Beyond that, I don't need a history, a dictionary or a cover, and the Kobo can change font sizes. If those are the only differences between the Touch and the Kobo, I'll save my $50. If they aren't... well, that brings me back to my hope that there are people with hands-on-experience with the Kobo in order to give us concrete information instead of unproven/undisproven speculation. By the numbers, the Kobo looks better for my use, but...
Actually, history is very useful. If you have an eBook that has endnotes, you'd use the history to go back to where you were reading if the eBook does not have a back link in the endnote. A good example of this is the Discworld series which has endnotes but no links to specifically go back.

The Kobo currently has issues changing font sizes when it should be able to. The 600 works.

Also, you do need a cover to protect the reader. The screen uses a glass substrate and can get damaged if you drop it. So not having a cover means you have a higher risk of breaking your reader if it was to be dropped. Also, the cover makes the reader easier to hold.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote