View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 08:49 PM   #395
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
According to dictionary.com, one of the definitions of classic is...

an author or a literary work of the first rank, esp. one of demonstrably enduring quality.

And there are lots of books that would have that as the definition that are not 50-70 years or more old.
Of course, "enduring" is not a specific time frame.

For example... I always laugh when my kids tell me when something happened "a long time ago"... and they are referring to an event that happened a few months ago.

I hear people say they've worked somewhere a long time. Come to find out it's 3 years. I guess to more software developers that's a long time. I have been at the same job since May 1995.

So, it's all relative isn't it?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote