Thread: PRS-300 Pictures
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 03:47 PM   #6
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
Thanks Dusty. I don't know how to publish a PDF.

I figured out a way though.

I right clicked on the image and "Opened With" Firefox. Yes Firefox!

Then I did a Copy Image.

Then I opened Wordpad. Notepad doesn't work.

Just paste all the images into Wordpad and save the document.

Then add the book to Calibre.

I'm sure there are a dozen other better ways to do this.
One easy way to make a PDF formatted for your reader is to use OpenOffice.org Writer (OpenOffice.org's word processor). All you do is create a text document, insert your pictures into the document, and format them the way that you want. When formatting your ebooks set the page size the same as your reader's screen.

Among the advantages of doing it this way are:

- You can mix text, tables, and pictures together. Basically, you can put anything in the ebook that Writer will allow.

- You will know exactly how many pages are in your ebooks. This allows you to insert an accurate table of contents into your ebooks (I do this with long ebooks).

- When you set the view to "Print Layout" the document on your screen will look the same as it will look on your ereader at the small size.

Once you've got your ebook the way that you want, just save it and then export it to PDF. Then just load the PDF on your reader using your regular method. If you're not happy with the way it looks, just open the text file, change it, and regenerate the PDF.

I hope this helps.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote