View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 06:46 PM   #7
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'm happy that it's working for you! A new version will be released shortly with a number of bug fixes that should make things simpler. Thanks for your patience.

A couple of suggestions for using the catalog feature:
  • Anything that changes the content of the catalog has to be done within calibre, at least for now.
  • The new version has a nifty new feature 'Recently Added'. This is a Section with all books sorted in reverse chronological order of when you added them to your library, organized by month. I think you'll like it.
  • Given the length of time to do a build, maybe you could set a side a time once a week to build a catalog of your entire library. I tend to start my big builds just before doign something that will take me away from the computer for some time, like walking the dog or sitting down for a meal.
  • Another thing to consider is doing smaller builds that will take less time. For example, you can select just the books you've added in the last month and build a special catalog called "Books I Added in January". By changing the title, you can have multiple catalogs in calibre and on your Kindle.

G