View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 08:41 AM   #41
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
May I suggest Eleanor of Aquitane: A Biography? It has romance and courtly love for the girls, and history and war for the boys. This version by Marion Meade is the best I've read http://www.amazon.com/Eleanor-Aquita...3381/ref=pd_64

Here is the blurb:

Quote:
A comprehensive account of the life of Eleanor of Aquitaine. The wife of King Louis VII of France and then of King Henry II of England, and mother to Richard Coeur de Lion and King John, she became the key political figure of the 12th century. Eleanor's long life inspired a number of legends. At twenty-five she set out for the Holy Land as a Crusader and at seventy-eight she crossed the Pyreness to Spain to fetch the granddaughter whose marriage would be, she hoped, a pledge of peace between England and France. This is a compassionate biography of this charismatic queen and the world she ruled over. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.

Last edited by DixieGal; 01-19-2010 at 08:46 AM. Reason: I've been an Eleanor fan since seeing "The Lion in Winter" as a young girl.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote