View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 12:55 AM   #28
alterego
alterego began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello =D.

Well i got my Kindle.
As other people said the Dictionary in question didn't worked =(.

At first i freaked out because i'm studying literature and i absolutely need this dictionary to work with quick lookup, to be able to really use the Kindle as i wanted.

After calming down, I started to do some research because i don't know not much about the format of these books.

I used Calibre to get the HTML and try to fix what was missing but the resulting file is way too big, so i looked in Internet other smaller Spanish-Spanish dictionaries to test.

I found one 'Diccionario Esencial de la Lengua Espaņola'. It was in .lit format so i used ConvertLit to get the HTMLs.

I created some macros in UltraEdit to change the tags i got into tags used in mobi dictionaries and tried to convert the dictionary back with mobigen.

At first it didin't worked at all, the kindle recognized it as a dictionary but the quick lookup feature didin't worked. After many tries modifing the metadata one simple change did the trick. I modified the Input Language and Output language to 'English' and it worked with the quick look up. The Language of the book remained 'Spanish'.

I am temporarly using this dictionary, but if someone can help me to change this metadata in the mobi dictionary i have i would appreciate it soooooo much. As i said i don't know much about this format and i don't know the tools all of you use. If someone knows a fast way to do this it would be great.

Ty again and have an awesome night.
Abigail
alterego is offline   Reply With Quote