View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 03:53 AM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetreader View Post
No, I can't! But, you know, what's the difference btw. lost world and lost civilization? Presence of 'humanoids' in the story? Or humanoid's participation in the plot?
I would say, personally, that the difference is that a "lost world" novel involves someone going to a previously unknown place, whereas a "lost civilisation" novel involves going to an unknown place and discovering a "society" there. ie, lost civilisation novels are a subset of lost world novels.

That's just my definition, of course.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote