Thread: MobileRead July 09 book nominations
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 10:53 AM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I nominate "Life With Father," by Clarence Day, Jr. (This is a book that I assembled sometime last year and is available here on MobileRead in an lrf format.)

This is a wonderfully funny autobiographical series of loving sketches about his father. It was made into an engaging and enjoyable family film, in 1947, starring William Powell and a very young Elizabeth Taylor.

This is fun read and is all about the love, misunderstandings, trials and tribulations of a loving father who thinks he runs the house - but he really doesn't.

I highly recommend this book.

Don