View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 01:10 PM   #54
Jagasian
Jagasian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
We should all send feedback to Amazon's official email address for providing feedback: (kindle-feedback@amazon.com). Below is the email that I sent:

Quote:
I recently received my very first Kindle, the DX model, which I intend to use mainly for reading technical literature, sheet music, and recipes. For these kinds of documents, I need a page to stay on the screen for an indefinite amount of time. However, the Kindle screensaver's image slide show prevents using the Kindle for such purposes because it redraws the entire screen with a new image. So the problem isn't the fact that sleep mode automatically kicks in within 10 minutes of idle time. Instead, the problem is the screensaver's slide show.

I'd like to request two user user settings that would allow for the usage pattern that I and many other customers need:

1. changing idle time before sleep mode activates

2. enabling/disabling the screensaver slide show

For example, the screensaver slide show could be disabled so that the current page can still be read when the Kindle goes to sleep after just 1 minute of idle time (to maximize battery life).