Thread: MobileRead June 2009 Book Club Nominations
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 09:48 AM   #44
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michizzle View Post
Once the book of the month has been decided upon, where is the title posted?

Once everyone has read the book, where can the book discussion thread be found?
If you enter the Reading Recomendations section and filter using the Book Club prefix you can see all the Nomination/Vote/Discussions threads easily.

There is also a Book Club community section where I post the books for each month with links to the treads. I think it hasn't been updated for this last month yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michizzle View Post
When does the discussion thread start? Not until the end of the month (is that the "deadline" for having the book read?) or does the discussion begin immediately after the book is decided upon and everyone discusses AS they read?
The discussion is opened the last week of the month. But, just don't enter the thread until you have read the book because there can/will be spoilers.

Also, if you filter on the Book Club pre-fix you will find the "Official Welcome Thread" which explains how we are working things. I do plan to update the first post in that thread soon since we have "tweeked" the club a bit since that message was created.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote