Thread: MobileRead June 2009 Book Club Nominations
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 06:20 AM   #28
chlorine
Addict
chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2
Hello,

can anybody nominate a book?
If yes, I'd like to nominate Wuthering Heights, by Emily Brontė.
(even if I _can_ nominate it it probably will be too late anyway for it to be seconded, but it's worth a try

From the description here on MobileRead:
Quote:
Description from Amazon:

In a house haunted by memories, the past is everywhere ...As darkness falls, a man caught in a snowstorm is forced to shelter at the strange, grim house Wuthering Heights. It is a place he will never forget. There he will come to learn the story of Cathy: how she was forced to choose between her well-meaning husband and the dangerous man she had loved since she was young. How her choice led to betrayal and terrible revenge - and continues to torment those in the present. How love can transgress authority, convention, even death. And how desire can kill.

A masterpiece. Enjoy!
EDIT: I nominated this book because it is a classic among the classics _and_ lots of people seem to love it, so I want to read it (actually I _did_ read it a long time ago. I remember that I enjoyed it but my memories of the plot are practically inexistant).

Last edited by chlorine; 05-31-2009 at 10:03 AM.
chlorine is offline   Reply With Quote