View Single Post
Old 05-10-2024, 09:52 AM   #12
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
Lonesome Dove - Larry McMurtry - Western, I think my paperback was 960-odd pages

Ash: A Secret History - Mary Gentle - Historical Fantasy with a twist. Great. Sometimes split into 3 in the US, but it's one book of over 1000 pages.

Kushiel's Dart - Jacqueline Carey - Another semi-historical fantasy, with sexual content not to everyone's taste. I seem to remember the first book was over 900 pages (although looking at isfdb the page counts are all over the place, hardcovers down in the 700s).

I believe most volumes of the Malazan Book of the Fallen are over 800 pages. A lot of people really love it, but I read the first one and kind of hated it.
I heard about Lonesome Dove. i am on the fence with that one. not sure if i would like westerns
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote