View Single Post
Old 05-08-2024, 08:20 AM   #5
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
Hi Chris ! How are you.

Just out of curiosity, when you run "Koreader" → "Calibre" → "Connect" on your device, Caliber on your PC displays your device as what?
Or do you see any difference about connecting via the USB port?
I'm enjoying reading on my PocketBook very much! But I am still using the built-in epub 3 reader, not yet (?) koreader. The hardware build quality is really nice.

Some of my programming text books have colour diagrams, and colourised source code just like an IDE. Cool.

On the device detection - Calibre displays this in its debug output:

Code:
USBDevice(busnum=1, devnum=1, vendor_id=0x1d6b, product_id=0x0104, bcd=0x0100, manufacturer=Obreey, product=PB743K3, serial=20080411)
So the vendor_id/product_id combination is "Linux Foundation"/"Multifunction Composite Gadget" which is pretty generic!

Unfortunately Kovid doesn't seem interested in trying to use the product string as disambiguation. I can see his point - it isn't buying any change in functionality.

Though if someone ever wants to write an enhanced PocketBook driver that does things like update Collections on the device, something in the device detection code would have to be changed.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote