View Single Post
Old 05-05-2024, 08:58 PM   #106
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyPoison View Post
Images.
In epub I have them center aligned. After converting, when I read in kindle, they stick to left.

Also dropcaps. In epubs, the first letter of chapter is very big and covers first three lines in size. But kindle device doesn't understand this beautiful formatting and first letter is same size as other. How should I format my dropcaps so they look big and covers first 3 lines.

Line height. I also write my daily diary entries in epub format. I use a font family of my own handwriting for this. But this font generates 3 times more line spacing in kindle device. In calibre preview it's fine. But in kindle the line spacing is very large for my diary.
I am using calibre 7.10. I just converted an eBook with centered graphics and viewing the KF8 eBook in the calibre viewer, the graphics are centered.

I just converted an eBook with dropcaps and the dropcaps look the same with the calibre viewer.

As for the line height, that's a Kindle issue. Amazon likes to force a large line height even when using the smallest settings. However, you can edit the metadata in the font and that will reduce the line height with KF8 only. I've done it ChareInk/ChareInk6/ChareInk6SP and it works perfectly well. The problem is I don't remember which metadata setting you need to adjust fto change the line height on a Kindle. But you can have a look at the font if you want to to see if you can figure it out.

Here is the link to download the font. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=184056
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote