View Single Post
Old 05-04-2024, 12:09 AM   #981
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister L View Post
Glad I decided to ask for help.

Thank you! I think the Collections template could be perfect, if I can use it on top of the other collections columns I already use?
Yes, you can use template-based collections with column-based collections.
Quote:
If it's easiest, I could use the publisher name for the collection and change the books I have marked manually, but I would like to keep the collections I already was using if I can.

One publisher name is "BEL Editions" and the collection name is "BEL", and another one is "Bibebook" and the collection is "dp". Would the template look like this?

Code:
program:
	str_in_list('BEL Editions, Bibebook', ',', $BEL, $dp, '')
Or do I need to make one rule per collection?

Code:
program:
	str_in_list('BEL Editions', ',', $BEL, '')
        str_in_list('Bibebook', ',', $dp, '')
You need a "rule" per publisher. For me, the clearest and easiest way is this:
Code:
program:
	switch_if(
		$publisher == 'BEL Editions', 'BEL',
		$publisher == 'Bibebook', 'dp',
		$publisher == 'Baen', 'Baen',
		$publisher == 'Tom Doherty Associates', 'TOR',
		'')
Notes:
  • You can have as many "rules" as you want.
  • The equals comparison is case insensitive.
  • The '' at the end is the default if no comparison matches. You might want to use an actual value there.
  • Having a collection name appear twice, for example in both a column and in the template result, isn't a problem.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote