View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 05:37 PM   #68
philja
Zealot
philja began at the beginning.

Device: none
Further problems - this time, building Sigil-2.1.0

Having succeeded in building 2.0.2 with Qt6 on Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy, thanks to the help provided in this thread, I thought I'd have a go with the latest version. I'm still on Jammy and wouldn't normally upgrade to 24-04 until it reaches the .1 level in August.

First, I thoroughly reviewed all this thread and consulted my notes from the earlier build. Next, I went through the latest version at : https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil...ng_on_Linux.md checking that I had all the components and packages listed.

By the way, I think there is a typo in the section of that document 'Getting Qt6' for Debian systems : the 7th bullet point says
Quote:
qt6-5compat-dev (use libqt6corecompat6-dev instead on Ubuntu 22.04 and earlier)
I think it should have a '5' in the package name - libqt6core5compat6-dev - which would correspond with the package I already had installed.

I downloaded the 2.1.0 zip file and followed the instructions but the cmake command failed. The indications are :
Code:
 Could NOT find XKB (missing: XKB_LIBRARY XKB_INCLUDE_DIR) (Required is at least version "0.5.0")
-- Found WrapVulkanHeaders: /usr/include  
-- Could NOT find Qt6Svg (missing: Qt6Svg_DIR)
XKB seems to be X keyboard related and I don't recall having had any problem with that when building Sigil-2.0.2. I seem to have 5 packages with xkb in their names installed. I don't know whether that is a show-stopper.

It does seem to me that the failure to find Qt6Svg is more likely to be the important one. The terminal output goes on to say:
Code:
CMake Error at src/qt6sigil.cmake:31 (find_package):
  Found package configuration file:

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt6/Qt6Config.cmake

but it set Qt6_FOUND to FALSE so package "Qt6" is considered to be NOT
  FOUND.  Reason given by package:

Failed to find Qt component "Svg".

Expected Config file at
  "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt6Svg/Qt6SvgConfig.cmake" does NOT exist
During the build of 2.0.2, the Qt6 SVG problems disappeared with the installation of the package libqt6svg6

Something seems to have changed with Qt6 between the building of 2.0.2 and 2.1.0.
philja is offline   Reply With Quote