View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 08:00 PM   #150
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe and Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by adinab View Post
Thank you so much! This worked for me. The path for the plugin config file for Mac would be /Users/USERNAME/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/overdrive_libby.json
To get to it you could also open Calibre, go to Preferences, Miscellaneous, Open Calibre Configuration Folder, then close the app when the folder opens.

And if you're using Chrome for the first steps, instead of Persist Logs, it's called Preserve Logs. So tick that and then the GET request should have an icon that looks like this: {;} and the name showed up for me as counts?cards= string of numbers and symbols
Thanks for this info as well - I got the config file from Calibre using your way.

I am also adding some instructions for Safari on Mac - in the Dev Tools console, press Network, then press the hamburger menu on the left and check Preserve Log.

Also, to edit the json file, open it in Text Edit or similar - took me a while to figure that out.

I set it all up and can see everything in the Libby plug-in again! However, it still does not like downloading my magazines - frustrating, as I can see them in the list, but not get to them. It works for books, but not for the magazines (which are the only reason I'm using this plugin).

Here is my latest error message:

Spoiler:
calibre, version 7.9.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>: Failed to download e-book

calibre 7.9 embedded-python: True
macOS-14.4.1-arm64-arm-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '23.4.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 23.4.0: Fri Mar 15 00:10:42 PDT 2024; root:xnu-10063.101.17~1/RELEASE_ARM64_T6000')
Python 3.11.5
OSX: ('14.4.1', ('', '', ''), 'arm64')
Interface language: None
EXE path: /Applications/calibre.app/Contents/MacOS/calibre
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 48, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 48, 0) && Check Books (0, 1, 8) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 5) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 8) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 48, 0) && KFX Input (1, 48, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 61, 0) && KFX Output (1, 61, 0) && KePub Input (3, 4, 3) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 4, 3) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 4, 3) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 1) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 13) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 7) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 2) && Obok DeDRM (7, 1, 0) && OverDrive Libby (0, 1, 9) && Quality Check (1, 12, 0) && Save To Format (0, 0, 6)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/gui2/threaded_jobs.py", line 85, in start_work
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.magazine_download ", line 387, in __call__
downloaded_filepath = self._custom_download(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.magazine_download ", line 467, in _custom_download
download_base, openbook, rosters = libby_client.process_ebook(loan)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.client" , line 822, in process_ebook
openbook = self.send_request(meta["urls"]["openbook"])
~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^^^^
KeyError: 'openbook'
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote