View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 03:27 PM   #81
scribe_user
scribe_user began at the beginning.

Device: scribe
Just sharing a working version tested on 5.16.2.0.1 for others. I am able to use my Android mobile screen(Apps like Eink Bro Browser(created for android e-ink readers),chrome are looking good on kindle screen).
Changes in the attachment:

1. Recent bug fix from Github(key-event) bleeding, fixes an issue where VNC touch events were getting propagated to kindle gui
2. couple of fixes from older responses in this thread, missing constants
3. recent fixes for newer versions of PW, to refresh the screen in an infinite loop
4. Working touch control

Usage:
1. Adjusting the screen resolution of android phone(will be acting as VNC server) to match the Kindle resolution
wm size 1836x2448 :Kindle Scribe Resolution(need to be adjusted as per kindle model)
wm size reset :Should be executed, when mobile phone should be reset to it's original resolution
There are some applications available in play store, to adjust mobile screen resolution with out using adb tools on laptop.

2. I am starting VNC server on my mobile with application https://github.com/bk138/droidVNC-NG

3. Now I have a VNC server, which is providing the content in the resolution of kindle. Replace the IP address and Port from your VNC server(android) in the file: kvncviewer.sh
./luajit vncviewer.lua 192.168.23.12:5900
4. If any password is set in the VNC server, provide the same in the file:vncviewer.lua. Replace nil with "<yourpassword>" (including the quotes)
5. Lauch the vnc viewer from KUAL

How to exit from vnc viewer:

Option 1: Force Restarting the kindle(easiest option). Even when the VNC server is stopped on mobile, it is recommended to restart the kindle immediately, after using it as VNC viewer
Option 2: If you can do SSH into kindle, find out the parent PID of the kvncviewer.sh process from htop and kill the same using pkill -P $parent_pid

Screenshot:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	594.1 KB
ID:	207917

Viewer:
kvncviewer.zip

I would like to thank all the developers(creators) for their contributions and making our devices more productive.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage to the kindles. I just colated the files from different sources and wanted to share a working version(giving back to community). Setting up vnc viewer requires USB Networking(Wifi mode) working for this use case. If you want to use this application, be ready to be patient(time it takes to get it work for Newbie, is high) and doing your research.
scribe_user is offline   Reply With Quote