View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 05:04 PM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by betelguese View Post

it's always slow, sometimes taking up to 2 or 3 minutes to open, and SumatraPDF sometimes not even opening and staying in task manager as a high CPU process forcing me to terminate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmoore View Post

Calibre Viewer on the other hand has always been slow and takes about 10 seconds before anything appears to happen and another 5 seconds until I can start reading.
That's not slow. I agree it's not instant. Re-read the OP.

Something is broken. 120 to 180s seconds vs 15s is x10 slower.

My 2017 Dell Optiplex 7050 takes 7 s first time, 3 to 4s subsequent. (SSD for OS, SATA HDD for user files). The 2016 Win10 laptop is certainly slower as it's got no SSD. But faster than opening Firefox or Word the first time.

Calibre 7.8

Last edited by Quoth; 04-28-2024 at 05:19 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote